Highway Asset Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Highway Asset Manager join a client in Bedfordshire. The Highway Asset Manager is responsible for the strategic management of all highway assets the total value is c£1.6bn. They use asset and condition data to prioritise and maintain a 4 year programme of capital investment at the optimum time in the asset lifecycle. The team provide excellent responsiveness and service to all stakeholders.
- Lead the Council's highway asset management service safely, effectively and sustainably including provision of technical expertise and accurate records.
- Be an advocate of for continuous improvement, ensure best practice is utilised and excellent service provided
- Ensure the team are working efficiently and delivering their roles whilst providing specialist/expert advice for the service in line with corporate aspirations.
- Be accountable and manage delivery for the team's allocated capital and revenue budget ensuring that the Council receives best value.
- Represent the authority at regional meetings, developing and maintaining effective supplier relationships.
Previous experience in Highways is essential for this role.
Carrington West are also looking for Engineers & Transport Planners with similar backgrounds across the South of UK - please get in touch to find out more.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Phoebe Kingston at Carrington West on 02393 876043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 25+ years experience in this market. Please call Phoebe at Carrington West on 02393 876043 for more information
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us