Job Title: Senior Planner - Highways
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: up to £75,000
My client is experiencing remarkable growth with recent successes. As a result of increasing demand, the company is currently in search of an experienced Senior Planner with Highways experience to join the UK major projects division. The role will commence with a project in Swindon, but the successful candidate must be flexible to work on projects in various locations.
The right individual will work closely with bid and construction teams to oversee and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals and ongoing projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Producing the initial Clause 31 programme and monthly Clause 32 updates, in compliance with contractual requirements, in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager.
- Creating associated programme reports for the Clause 32 updates.
- Generating programme reports for progress meetings and internal weekly updates.
- Preparing Clause 62 programmes to facilitate change management, including reports identifying effects and risks for the Commercial Teams prior to client submission.
- Conducting Earned Value Management using Primavera P6 software when required by the client or the scheme Project Manager.
- Assisting in the coordination with Statutory Authorities for the management and planning of statutory diversion works, as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess extensive, relevant experience within the construction sector or transferable skills from other industries. Key qualifications and attributes include:
- Proficiency in programming and planning using Primavera P6 and Microsoft Planner software.
- A comprehensive understanding of Earned Value Management and its application through software.
- Competency in constructing programs from scratch, including developing Work Breakdown Structures, planning and resourcing, applying logic links, and extracting critical paths.
- Desired, but not essential: an appropriate CSCS Card, further qualifications or certifications in planning and programming, SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification).
In addition to a highly competitive salary, my client offers an attractive benefits package, including:
- Generous pension contribution
- Life assurance cover (x4 basic salary)
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays (with the option to buy/sell more)
- Flexible working policy
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training and personal/professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants, and more through the online employee benefits portal.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.