An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced S278/S38 Group Engineer to come and join our busy client in West Yorkshire.
The main duties of the S278/S38 Group Engineer are:
- To lead, manage and ensure proper supervision of Highway Development Management / Transport Initiatives and Section 38 / Section 278 staff, setting priorities, giving policy, technical and managerial guidance on a day to day basis in relation to planning applications and appeal issues, pre-application matters, Section 38 / Section 278 schemes and related procedures, ensuring all necessary works, improvements and legal agreements required for a development to take place are identified and secured.
- To lead on developing and securing innovative, practical transport initiatives to deliver transport infrastructure to support sustainable economic and housing growth, engaging with developers and Regeneration, Strategic Housing, Planning, Transportation and Highways Services.
- To develop and review policies in respect of Highway Development Management / Transport Initiatives and Section 38/ Section 278 matters.
- To be accountable for effectively, efficiently managing and monitoring Highway revenue / capital / Section 106 / commuted sums budgets, in association with the Service Manager.
- To implement relevant legislation, statutory instruments, technical instructions and ensure information and guidance are kept up to date.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.