GIS Analyst urgently required in the Birmingham area. The candidate will be skilled in database development, spatial analysis, data processing, automation, and management. This is a 6 month contract position offering 40 hours per week. This role is Inside IR35.
The position will involve liaison with staff from various technical disciplines to provide GIS support, such as spatial analysis, digitisation, data editing, data reviews and quality assurance, automation of processes, production of maps and other information outputs. Key responsibilities will also include data management, working with information in an enterprise GIS system and developing processes to create bespoke analysis solutions. The role will require a methodical approach to work, with a good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in working to required standards.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Full Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS v10.7 and up and ArcPro
- Working knowledge of Map production, including digitising, editing, data driven pages, working with annotation layers and definition queries.
- Extensive experience in applying a wide range of data analysis, and processing techniques within ArcGIS, Excel, Access, SQL, FME and Python
- Working experience of writing and processing FME workspaces
- Good communication skills, methodical, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Higher education in GIS preferable, with additional training courses in ESRI ArcGIS, FME and Python
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- A good understanding of spatial data processing, analysis and visualization
- Database development, editing and analysis
- Experience of automation and analysis of spatial data using scripting languages such as Python and SQL
- Knowledge and skills in developing and administering a SharePoint system
- Experience of proprietary GIS systems and web application technology
- Knowledge of creating dashboard applications
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.