An excellent long term contract opportunity has arisen for a Flood Risk Engineer with previous experience to join a busy Flood Risk team in the South Yorkshire area and assist the Senior Engineer with the support of the operational management, development and training of Assistant Engineers and Technicians.
The Main Duties And Responsibilities Are:
- To help deliver the service by supporting the management, administration and implementation of project and function work activities within the Flood Risk Team.
- To undertake project feasibility and site assessments with regard to condition, technical, economic and environmental issues and provide designs for new schemes.
- To deliver on time and within budget, projects identified within the annual programme of works resulting from operational works priorities.
- To ensure that projects are designed, tendered, evaluated, awarded, implemented and managed in accordance with the clients financial and legislative policies and contract standing orders.
- To ensure compliance with the FWMA 2010, The Land Drainage Act 1980 and other legal requirements.
- To support the management in undertaking the full range of duties and work.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
·Qualified to minimum level 4 and willing to undertake training / enhance qualifications.
·Appropriate civil engineering based qualification.
·Experience in delivering flood risk projects.
·Aware of responsibilities under the CDM Regulations.
·Good written and communication skills.
·Knowledge and experience with flood modelling software
·Valid Driving Licence.
What to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email