An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Flood Risk Engineer to come and join a busy team in the Wolverhampton area.
The main duties of the experienced Flood Risk Engineer are:
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking duties expected of a Lead Drainage Officer (LDO) and assessing Ordinary Watercourse Consent (OWC) applications on behalf of the local authority who is the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA).
- Demonstrable experience of supporting local authorities fulfilling its statutory functions and ensuring landowners fulfil their riparian obligations in maintaining watercourses is essential.
- Experience of working and consulting with internal and external stakeholders and dealing with Councillors and members of the public is also essential.
- Dealing with customer queries and emergencies during severe flood events, in a sympathetic way, is also desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of design standards (DMRB) and understanding planning procedures is desirable for the role.
- Experience of Property Flood Protection Assessments and advising property owners of measures they can take to protect their property would be desirable.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 together with design/ analysis software would also be an advantage.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.