Inside IR35 - £400 per day
Are you a qualified Estates Surveyor looking for a long-term contract just outside of London paying £400 per day?
If so this rolling contract could be the one for you.
Who will you be joining?
A surrey based Local Authority Estates team working alongside qualified and experienced property professionals, collaborating to deliver the goals and strategic plans in the best interests of the Borough. This role will predominantly deal with the acquisition and disposal of assets.
What will you do?
- Propose and review asset management strategies for the council's commercial property portfolio.
- Propose and maintain the council's commercial leasing policies e.g. rent concessions for community assets, improving the retail mix in town centres (enabling local businesses and facilitating public health improvements), and aligning block expiry dates for future development.
- Monitor and report portfolio-level performance against strategic KPI's and policy objectives.
- Instruct the council's property services team on the negotiation of marriage transactions and opportunistic disposals.
- Manage negotiations to set up and monitor joint venture and development agreements with private sector development partners.
- Instruct and liaise with external valuers and other specialists to ensure compliance with the council's statutory obligations in connection with asset disposals.
- Lead and/or contribute to strategic reviews of council assets suitable for large scale regeneration opportunities, as part of a team with investment, finance, and regeneration colleagues
- Provide support to the Council's finance team with commissioning asset valuations
- Prepare reports to support property proposals and strategies, including Key Officer, Corporate Management Team, and Cabinet decisions.
What do you need?
To be successful in your application you will need to evidence the following:
·Qualified in Property / Estates / Asset Management
·Have previous experience working with Local Authorities or Public Sector organisations
How will you benefit?
Should you be successful in securing this exciting opportunity, you will benefit from competitive day rate of £400 per day (inside IR35) with an ongoing contract.
What to do next?
We are expecting a huge response to this exciting opportunity so if you do not want to miss out, apply now, or contact Declan Bacon on 023 9387 6045. We look forward to hearing from you today.