Environmental Clerks of works
·Assist, when required, other Environmental Department (ED) staff with management and deployment of noise, dust, vibration and water quality equipment; input to recording and reporting for the Environmental Monitoring component of the project - e.g. the data and legal compliances (e.g. Section 61) with the 2 no. Councils (Merthyr and RCT)
- Liaise with Community Dept regarding concerns and complaints from noise, dust etc and
work with them to address and rectify
- Working with construction site staff to ensure water and silt is managed on site by berms,
temporary drains, settlement ponds, silt fencing, matting, Permits to Pump and silt-busters.
Design measures, inspect measures and work with the Water Management Crews and
subcontractors to rectify any deficiencies
- Conduct site inspections and audits towards Best Practice for highway construction, helping
to deliver the required standards specified in the Contract
- Develop and deliver Toolbox Talks (TBT) across the range of environment site issues including
hydrocarbon and fuel management, water pollution, noise and dust management etc
- Knowledge of ecology not necessary, but would be useful as an additional skill/experience
- Assist in the development, implementation, and delivery of the Project Environmental
- Work in conjunction with the Environmental Advisor and Manager to ensure compliance
against permits and project requirements.
- Manage and coordinate data collection and reporting against performance KPIs
- Work with the Environmental and Sustainability Manager in engaging with statutory and
Degree in engineering, environment or relevant science-based subject
- Experience of construction operations for major projects
- Understanding of ISO 14001, CCS and CEEQUAL
- Working towards Chartership of a professional institution e.g. already a graduate or practitioner member of IEMA or equivalent
- IT competent and numerate/logical approach
- Logical in approach with an ability to plan and deliver tasks
·Must have construction site experience, cross sector welcomed such as roads, pipelines, linear developments and the like
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Patrick Gray at Carrington West on 02393 876 000 6069 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Please submit your CV to Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
£45k - 55k per year
02393 876 1069
about 1 month ago
Environmental Clerks of works