Electrical Design Engineer - Multi-Utility
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with our client, a construction and utilities services contractor based in the North West of England. Due to continued growth and a strong volume of work, they are now looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their well-established team working on a variety of utilities projects, but with a particular focus on electrical projects including large scale EV, battery storage and large industrial and commercial connections.
The design engineer will play a crucial part in supporting the tendering team through initial design advice, completing detailed design work for electrical infrastructure projects from LV up to 33kV.
From budget design to operational handover, the electrical design engineer will make sure that designs are technically and commercially compliant, viable and delivered within pre-agreed time frames.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an experience electrical engineer to join a well-established independent connections provider and working on a range of diverse projects.
- Delivering and reviewing electricity infrastructure designs, from budget mark-up to successful delivery.
- Ensuring designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Obtain relevant IDNO and DNO approvals.
- Knowledge of ENA's G81 documents and NERS.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of preconstruction and feasibility within utilities sector.
- Experienced in the design/planning of DNO and IDNO network and substation design.
- Experience of earthing design
- IET Code of Practice for EV charging equipment installation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Further technical or professional qualification preferred (IEng or CEng)
What you'll get:
- Excellent salary package dependent on skillset and experience.
- Opportunity to join an expanding and supportive firm with a great reputation.
- Development and progression opportunities.
- Full company benefits package.
This role is likely to be highly sought after so if you feel the role matches your skillset and experience, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.