Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the South in their search for a Development Management Team Leader to join their Town Planning Department. This will be offered on an initial 3-6 month contract, then rolling.
The local authority is looking to bring in an experienced Team Leader to support both the management structure and junior staff. The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Allocate work
- Sign Off applications
- Lead caseload meetings
- Attend planning committee (Occasional)
- Support and mentor junior staff
- Manage a small caseload of small scale major applications (This will involve variations in applications and minor adjustments)
To be successful in this position you should have:
- Significant post qualification experience in Development Management in local government, and recent experience in a Team Leader/Management position
- Preferable - An undergraduate degree and Postgraduate degree/qualification in Planning, accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Carrington West Pay Rate - Up to £55per/hour
Job Ref - 39233
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.