Job Role - Design Manager (Highly Regulated)
Location - Preston (3 days at office 2 from home)
Salary - £75,000 + Company Benefits
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background as a senior design engineer and is now managing a team of focused and specific design engineers from a technical and commercial standpoint.
The ideal candidate will be a technical expert but have the ability to work closely with the engineering manager to maximise productivity, quality, develop staff and improve the relevant processes. Key experience for this role will include experience in engineering productivity and quality, employee development, continual improvement and line management.
- Supervision of engineers and their workload within the allocated group.
- Attend resource planning meetings to assist the Engineering Manager and Project Management team
- Promoting a close working relationship with other departments, especially Planning and Manufacturing to ensure Engineering activities work smoothly in the delivery of projects
- Ongoing assessment of engineering processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements
- Be accountable for the technical management and delivery within time, cost and quality
- Maintain technical compliance with the contract and resolve technical conflicts where possible
- Scheme design deliverables
- Detail design deliverables
- Production of manufacturing documentation
- Take part in client meetings, testing / commissioning activities and post project review meetings
- Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Has been responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity
- An ability and desire to support, motivate and develop others
- Sufficient knowledge, interpersonal skills and communication skills to attract respect and exert influence within his or her assigned group of staff
- Proven organisational, administrative, and planning abilities
- Commercially and delivery-focused
- Experience or familiarity with continual improvement methodologies
This is a fantastic role with a brilliant company and this opportunity will go fast so if you are interested please give me a call on 02393 876037 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org