Deputy Structures Manager
Carrington West are recruiting for a Deputy Structures Manager for a client based in the Midlands. The Deputy Structures Manager will join a busy highways structures team who focus on maintenance schemes for a variety of high-speed road contracts. As a Deputy Structures Manager, you will demonstrate experience in inspection, assessment, design, and construction of highway structures to UK standards and experience of using relevant software.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Structures Manager:
- Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development, and construction.
- Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
- Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
The vacancy for Deputy Structures Manager will be based at clients' offices in Derbyshire. However, remote working is available. Initial contract duration of 6 months.
What to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Michael Hayward at Carrington West on 02393 876042.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Michael at Carrington West on 02393 876042 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.
£40 - 45 per hour
02393 876 042
about 2 months ago
Deputy Structures Manager