What we need
Client project manager delivery of major £10m plus, transport improvement schemes. The role sits within the Strategic Transport Implementation Group. The Client Project Manager (CPM) takes lead delivery responsibility in the project leadership team.
The CPM will use their strong delivery orientation and leadership skills to manage projects to successfully meet time, cost and quality requirements, while maintaining strong public and political engagement and high satisfaction ratings.
They will develop and maintain effective close working relationships with internal contacts and external agencies, including Government Departments, LEPs, other transport providers, private sector organisations together with local stakeholders including district/borough/town/parish councils, business community and residents.
What you will do
The CPM will work closely with the project team to drive a realistic and executable delivery approach. The CPM will also:
- Ensure timely delivery of the project programme.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget constraints.
- Work with the project team to align activities across the project.
- Ensure the project has the right resource levels to deliver against the plan.
- Manage, determine and agree change control and 'out of scope' requests.
- Manage the associated project governance and project related reporting, including risk and issues, project progress and status reports (RAG analysis).
- Responsibility for the overall project delivery as part of a project team, and for the successful implementation of projects within time, scope and cost parameters.
- Draft project appraisal and decision reports for Member and Cabinet approval.
- Draft project briefs and instructions and manage project change control in conjunction with the project team.
- Lead multi-disciplinary professionals in a project structure to design, tender and implement the agreed scheme.
- Serve as a primary client contact for project status, solution quality, scope control, issues, risks, billing and resource management.
- Manage project budgets, including effective project budgeting, analysis and forecasting.
- Lead and support the planning preparation and delivery of public and Member consultations and exhibitions events.
- Attend committee meetings, public meetings and workshops. Write and present reports to committees and elected members.
- Provide advice and actively engage with project stakeholders and reply to correspondence.
- Adhere to department governance requirements including presentation of project status reports to the Project Delivery Board, including all information necessary to track the status of the project against the project plan.
- Maintain an awareness of Statutory and Coporate equalities and health and safety procedures and apply them to the day-to-day job requirements.
What you will need to succeed
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with an appropriate professional accreditation (e.g. chartered or incorporated) - Desirable
- 10+ years demonstrable industry experience - Desirable
- Working as part of a project team structure - Essential
- Interpersonal skills - Essential
- Written and oral communication skills - Essential
- Client facing skills with political awareness and sensitivity, understanding of corporate policies and strategies and knowledge of the legislative and regulative context - Essential
- Broad up-to-date knowledge of transport planning, implementation, highway engineering and planning policy - Essential
What to do now
If you are intersted in this jopb, match the criteria described and are availableto start in April, please send us your aplpication today.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.