Our client is looking for a Civil Technician to join their team in Stoke.
The successful candidate will have the chance to join a successful multidisciplinary consultancy, delivering solutions to challenging problems in the Mining and Minerals, Infrastructure and Energy, and Property and Development sectors. This role is ideal for someone who is seeking to develop their career.
The work for this role specifically relates to civil engineering; however, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Structural and Geotechnical Engineers within the department, as well as other disciplines across the wider company. Projects currently include but are not limited to:
· Earthworks Design and 3D Modelling.
· Highways and Road Design.
· Utility Reports and Data Searches
· Drainage Design.
· Flood Risk Assessments.
· Environmental Planning.
· Site Services Provision.
· Site Inspections/Surveys.
· Report Writing and Production; and
·Project Management and Site Construction Supervision
Requirements of the role:
· Ideally a degree in civil engineering or similar.
· Experience in the use of Civils 3D.
· Experience in the use of AutoCAD.
· Experience in the use of MicroDrainage, Flow or other drainage design software;
· Working knowledge of design codes and standards.
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings or sketches.
· Confident working on their own or as part of a multidisciplinary team;
· A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues.
· Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions, and sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment; and
· Keen attention to detail and the drive to keep learning.
Benefits of the role:
Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
· Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
· Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
· Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
· Hybrid working.
· Flexitime Working Schedule.
· Long service awards.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Travel Loans.
· Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
· Financial reward for Chartership
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
£25k - 30k per year
02393 876 062
27 days ago