Job Role - Civil/Structural Engineer
Location - Dorset (South)
Contract Length - 6 Months
Salary - £350/£400 a day
I am working with a client on one of the most exciting nuclear decommissioning projects in the UK. They are currently looking for a civil and structural engineer to join the team.
This opportunity has fantastic career growth potential and offers the chance to work with a world leading company in one of the fastest growing industries.
If you're a qualified and experienced Civil/structural engineer looking for the opportunity to work on this exciting project please read on.
- Project evolution from concept to detailed design work including use of appropriate design, analysis software packages and the production of technical report.
- Design of engineering works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork to British Standards and Eurocode
- Liaise with engineers and stakeholders from different disciplines in the development of multi-disciplinary infrastructure solutions
- liaise with Project Managers to develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
- Ensuring the project was in accordance with CDM 2015 regulations by producing and continually updating the Designers Risk Assessment throughout involvement on the project.
- Quality control, safety surveillance of the principal contractor's operations and working with project manager producing site reports and updates.
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety standards and CDM Regulations.
- Experience of the NEC3 contract and the importance of contracts in project delivery.
- Experience of tendering construction works on a nuclear site.
- Experience in managing commercial aspects of projects using CEMAR.
- Member of the institute of civil engineers (desired)
- Experience on a nuclear site (desired)