Are you looking for doing CAD work?
Our client is looking for someone to join their engineering consultancy as a CAD Technician. The company is based in Hook, Hampshire and can offer full training.
Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of infrastructure projects to deliver drawings and some designs. The office workload will include highways and drainage drawings for residential projects.
What you will do:
- Civil engineering drawings in CAD of earthworks, highways and drainage works in the UK.
- Gain experience with the preparation of adoption drawings for both highways and drainage (section 38/278, section 104); and design capability for SuDs systems
- Learn to use Autotrack.
- Work on highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments)
- Learn how to develop and set up drafting standards
- Dynamic forward-thinking person with good communication skills
- Problem solver, ability to work within a team with sometimes conflicting priorities but able to work under pressure and develop realistic programmes committed to delivery and driving production forward to meet project requirements
- IT literate with a strong interest in system development and improving drawing standards.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast pace design office.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.