An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chartered Bridge Engineer to come and join a busy client in the Lancashire area. The position is OUTSIDE IR35.
The main duties of the experienced Chartered Bride Engineer are:
- The preparation of feasibility studies.
- Design and checking for highway and rail structure schemes including refurbishment, strengthening and replacement schemes.
- The preparation of contract documents using NEC forms of contract.
- Carrying out bridge inspections and assessments.
- Financial and commercial management of schemes to deliver on time and to budget.
- Client liaison.
- Management of junior staff in the delivery of schemes.
- Leadership, support, training and guidance to support the development of junior staff.
The experienced Chartered Bridge Engineer should have:
- Experience of working in a bridges and highway/rail structures design office, with a minimum of at least 10 years experience of designing and delivering highway or rail structure schemes.
- Professionally qualified with ICE or IStructE as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- A 'hands on' approach with the ability and skills to undertake assessment and design projects using DMRB and Eurocodes.
- Project management skills to manage the commercial and communication aspects to ensure schemes are delivered on time and to budget.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.