Our client is looking for an Associate Director to join their team in North Tyneside.
The role consists of supporting delivery on transportation projects across a variety of disciplines and for a range of both public and private sector clients. As a Senior member of the team, the successful candidate will lead on the delivery of local, regional, and national scheme design, taking a lead role on Highways Design projects and Project Management.
The role offers the opportunity for hybrid working and seeks a highly motivated individual who will play a lead role in developing and growing Highway Design capabilities to successfully delivery an exciting programme of Infrastructure Projects.
Responsibilities of the role:
·To be responsible for an element of business unit performance.
·To continue development of the Highways Design part of the business.
·To mentor, coach and develop individuals within your team.
·Ensure scheme designs are fully conversant and contribute to effective project management.
·Engaging and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
·Engage with internal staff to develop and maintain relationships in similar fields across other services.
·To work efficiently in leading a team of professionals to contribute to ensuring that successful financial outcomes are achieved or exceeded for projects.
·To take a proactive approach to the reporting and mitigation of matters which present a risk to the achievement of successful delivery projects.
·To liaise with clients to ensure projects are delivered in the most timely and efficient manner possible.
Requirements of the role:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with experience in a leading design role.
- Have as a minimum ICE Incorporated Engineer status (IEng) or be committed to achieve this within 18 months of appointment.
- Be experienced in working with Developers and Local/Water Authorities on Highway/Drainage adoption and approval processes.
- Be experienced in overall highway/drainage design and detailing requirements.
- Be flexible to work across the full range of Civils Design areas and adopt an integrated approach with our Operations colleagues through Early Contractor Involvement during design and working together during the site works.
- Have a good working knowledge of DMRB and current drainage design standards and procedures.
- Have excellent working knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 contract development and administration/delivery.
- Have good presentation and communication skills.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Newcastle upon Tyne
£58k - 65k per year
02393 876 062
about 1 month ago