Accounts Payable Assistant - 6 month contact
We have an exciting new opportunity with our client, a Utilities contractor working on large projects within infrastructure and civil engineering sectors. They operate on well-established utility frameworks working on pipeline servicing, repair and maintenance. They also work on installation projects and specialist projects across London and the South.
They have an exciting new fixed term 6 month opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their finance team.
The purpose of the role will be to support the Accounts Payable activities, reducing cost to the business by monitoring, measuring and challenging accounts payable activities in line with company procedures and regulatory requirements
You will be based at their site near Welwyn Garden City. Due to the nature of the role, this will be wholly office based.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Controller in ensuring processing invoices, a thorough analysis of monthly AP aging schedule, allocating payments, investigate past due invoices and all other disputed transactions
- Facilitate payment processing by BACS, CHAPS, Wire Transfers, Direct Debits, and Standing Orders and ensure effective payments in accordance with individual Financial Authority limits.
- Reconcile supplier statements, investigate and communicate any reconciling items to the suppliers
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Provide Balance Sheet reconciliation assistance on certain balance sheet accounts (ie Intercompany, prepayments, accruals)
- Filing of invoices and statements
- Support and administer subcontract payments when required
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for this post
- Previous accounts payable experience (minimum 2 years)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and use own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Sage 200 experience
- Equivalent up to £26k salary for the 6 month period
- 40 hours Monday to Friday
- Company benefits package for duration of role
These positions are likely to move quickly, so if you are interested please apply with your CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.