Are you an experienced Works Manager? am recruiting for a Works Manager to join a client in Suffolk.
The role involves project management and delivery of specific schemes/projects emanating from the capital works programme. This will include schemes related to drainage, structures, road surface treatment, footway improvements, Local Highways Budget and minor works.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
1. New Roads Street Works Act (NRSWA) accreditation
2. Health and Safety qualification, preferably IOSH or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or demonstrable equivalent training or qualification.
3. Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, MAPM. Or demonstrable experience in a relevant role.
4. A minimum HNC/HND qualification in related relevant discipline (relevant to engineering or programme / project management) or equivalent demonstrable experience related to project management and delivery.
Specialist knowledge skills and experience
1. Operational experience in the delivery of highways schemes including coordination of Service Providers
2. Knowledge of scheme delivery standards and techniques.
3. Experience of safety standards and SHE regulations for a variety of scheme types including working on live carriageways.
5. Experience of appropriate traffic management requirements, including the signing and guarding of highway works.
6. Knowledge of legislation relevant to highways works (particularly New Roads and Street Works Act)
7. Demonstrable experience of the CDM regulations and risk identification and assessment.
8. General environmental awareness and good practice on sites.
9. Detailed knowledge and experience of project management in an engineering or operational environment and should have knowledge of the application of Highway Standards and Procedures in a project led environment.
10. Comprehensive programme delivery experience, ideally within Local Authority or Construction/Engineering sector.
11. A good level of finance acumen when reporting and tracking spend/costs.
12. Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme and associated resources in an engineering or operational environment and should have knowledge of a programme lead approach to delivery.
13. A positive problem solver with demonstrable experience of successful programme delivery.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£300 - 350 per day
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
29 days ago