Role: Project Engineer (Water)
Salary: up to £45,000 p/a
My client, who offers the market a unique end-to-end service ranging from needs assessment & solution definition, through design, manufacture, installation & commissioning, to aftercare and operation of water & wastewater treatment assets. They're looking to grow their delivery team and source a Project engineer to be based out of their Alton office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting Team Lead / Project Manager(s) in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects to help ensure they a completed on-time and within budget.
- Co-ordinating with site, workshop and office-based personnel working on each project to ensure contracts are delivered according to the awarded conditions of contract.
- Conducting site visits to plan, monitor and close out project delivery activities.
- Liaising with all personnel working on the project regarding all aspects of the contract to confirm that each stage is happening properly and on schedule.
Project Planning & Communications:
- Ensure all relevant HSQE documentation is up to standard and in place in a timely fashion for all projects undertaken.
- Timeline planning of activities from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Planning, and attending technical meetings with clients and consulting engineers.
- Ensuring all documentation for the project is current and saved within the project folder.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ):
- Enforcing safe work practices on-site and ensuring that policies and procedures are always adhered to during the design and installation.
- Reporting accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and / or near misses.
- Liaising with internal safety officers and auditors during site inspections.
- Accommodating site inspections from clients, the HSE and other external bodies.
- Liaising with the project teams to ensure that health and safety is considered at every aspect of design and to ensure compliance with design specification.
- Recording and closing out non-conformances and ensuring that the corrective action, root cause and preventative / improvement actions are successfully identified.
- Coordinating financial elements of the project to achieve target goals.
- Purchasing and acquisition of project cost components including labour, parts, materials, plant etc.
- Coordinating the entry of relevant data on the internal Company IFS system.
- Retrieval of relevant financial reports from the internal Company IFS system for monthly project status reporting.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Engineering or science degree, HND or equivalent
- Ideally one-year postgraduate experience in a project engineering, technical or applications/R&D role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Experience within the UK water industry is an advantage but high-calibre graduates will be considered.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel nationwide (including overnight stays)
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements should be declared in the application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.