Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experience Transport Planner to join their team in Bristol as a Transport Planner.
The role is in a growing Highways & Transport team and you will contribute to the design of transport planning, transport strategies or road safety audits, among others. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an award winning multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery.
Candidates should have:
- A questioning / challenging approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
Applicants should preferably be a member of CIHT or ICE.
Key skills or prior knowledge of:
- Travel Planning
- Drafting of Transport Assessments and Statements
- Road collision data analysis
- Public Transport strategies (Bus and Rail)
- Junction capacity analysis (Junction 8/9, LinSig 3)
- Conversant with highway layouts and design (horizontal and vertical alignment)
- Competent in using AutoCAD/AutoTRACK
- Parking layouts
- Parking surveys
- Communicating with clients, local authority officers, the public and other engineers
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.