3 months - extension likely
Negotiable rate, £21 - £24 per hour
Are you a Transport Planner looking for a new challenge?
Our client is an ambitious local authority who are seeking two Transport Planners with either development planning or transport strategy experience to join them on a contract basis.
Your key responsibilities:
- Liaise and coordinate with all Council departments such as Economy, Regeneration, Planning and other divisions of the council to ensure the departments priorities and negotiations achieve the Councils agenda.
- To support the negotiation and advising as highway authority on planning and development applications and deliver on the Council's needs in respect of Development Management, Transport Policy, Planning, Local Plan, Transport Sustainability, AQ and Climate Change.
- Negotiating and securing mitigation and managing developers and planning applications
- Identification, production, and submission of bids.
- Maintaining data set and commissioning traffic studies and analysing information for evidence bases.
- Developing scheme concepts according to policy and strategic priorities.
What is required?
·As the successful candidate, you will have experience of working in a local authority at a similar level and Transport Planning background.
In order to be considered within the first round of applicants please apply with updated CV, e-mailing email@example.com, alternatively call on 02393 876064 for more information.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Luke at Carrington West on 02393 876064 for more information
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email us.