An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Planner to come and join a busy team in South Yorkshire on an initial 6-month contract.
As the Transport Planner you will undertake specific specialised projects to develop and deliver major cycling, walking and bus priority infrastructure improvements across the city.
The Transport Planner will:
- Provide inputs to plans/budgets for work programmes associated with the Transport Capital Programme and plan and organise self to complete work programme to time, budgets and other project controls
- Develop and implement solutions to complex issues related to major cycling, walking and bus priority projects.
- Provide technical engineering and/or urban design advice and comments to internal and external stakeholders to inform their approach to designs and add value to projects to ensue benefits for all sustainable modes.
- Understand the operational risk management procedures and standards on complex programme and multi-team a issues.
- Coordinate specialist resources and skills both internally and externally to ensure the successful delivery on time and on budget of complex multi-year transport projects.
- Maintain regular contact with internal and external customers beyond the scheduled meetings, regarding project delivery, planning and monitoring.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£40 - 45 per hour
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
about 1 month ago