Sub-Contract Buyer - Water
Carrington West are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity with our client, who are one of the most well-respected and successful main contractors in the UK. Due to continued business growth and expansion, they are now looking for an experienced Sub-Contract Buyer with a strong commercial background and experience of working in similar environments to join their Commercial team based in London. The role will encompass working across a variety of areas, with a specific focus on water and utilities.
As Sub-Contract Buyer you will be an important part of the Commercial team and will work closely with the Pre-Construction, Commercial, Design and Delivery functions within the wider business, helping to maximise the companies short, medium and long-term procurement opportunities and deliver on a number of key responsibilities within the role.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Achieve targeted procurement savings for the project.
- Develop and maintain strong added value relationships with our supply chain.
- Ensure sub-contract orders are robust, de-risked and meet all internal and Client requirements.
- Develop, initiate and lead any local or business wide supply chain initiatives.
What you'll need:
- Previous experience working as a Sub-Contract Buyer for a large Civil Engineering contractor, preferably within the Water or Utilities Sectors.
- A proven track record in succeeding in negotiations with contractors.
- CIPS qualification desirable.
- Full UK driving licence.
This will be a long-term role that will offer excellent development opportunities with a Tier 1 contractor. In return the company will offer a strong salary and benefits package, which will be negotiable based on skillset and experience.
We expect these roles to be popular and the client are looking to move quickly in regard to interviews and hiring so if you feel you would be well suited to this role, please apply with an up-to-date CV or contact Rich at Carrington West for further information.