Job Role - Structural Integrity Engineer (Submarine/Defence)
Location - Derby
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - Seniority/skill dependent - £40-£60
Due to the nature of the project this role will be based in Derby 40 hours a week that can be split over 4 or 5 days.
I am looking for candidates that have experience in the Submarine/Defence sector that have worked with ABACUS and have stress knowledge.
The most senior candidates should have the ability to train junior employees and have the ability to work on fatigue and fracture assessments with the knowledge to work with Python aswell.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic mechanical / structural integrity engineer with excellent mechanical engineering skills, who enjoys working collaboratively within engineering teams and taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion.
You will be able to demonstrate solid experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering and a track record of delivering project to time, quality, and cost.
Skills and Knowledges:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Nuclear sector experience desirable (design, analysis, technical substantiation).
- Experience of delivery of technical projects and services.
- Experience in performing Fatigue, Fatigue Crack Growth and Defect Tolerance assessments.
- Familiar with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry (desirable).
- Experience of producing of key technical documentation - Calculations, Design reports etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Due to the nature of this project the successful candidate will need to either have current UK nuclear site clearances or be a sole UK national.