Are you a structural examiner with STE4 Network Rail competency?
Are you looking for you next contract job?
Location: WFH required travel site 90 mins of home
Contract length: 18 months
Rate: £400 day with van and fuel card - Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to work client side on Network Rail assets.
You will have demonstrable structural engineering and detailed report writing competence, and be willing to work Saturday nights and some mid-week nights. You will usually form part of a small team deployed at night to examine the structure, taking the role of leading the examination delivery and the technical lead. The railway safety aspects of the examination will be undertaken by another. You will however be required to hold a Personal Track Safety competence, but this is not a pre-requisite before interview.
The job can be home-based, and a vehicle and equipment required for the examination role. The geographical areas you will be working in are West Coast South (generally Milton Keynes to Euston), West Midlands and North West England areas.
The typical workweek will include undertaking examinations, and report writing and would be as such: Monday to Friday days either report write-up or day-time examinations, Saturday day rest in preparation for a Saturday night shift undertaking examinations, Sunday day rest. For this, a 6-day week would be paid. Alternatively, if a mid-weeknight was worked but no Saturday night then 5 days would be paid.
- Experience of undertaking structural examinations, recording defects and reporting on the findings for a selection of structure types which may include viaducts, bridges (over, under and foot), subways, retaining walls, culverts and buildings.
- STE04 essential
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of the railway industry.
- STE05 & ST06 competencies.
- RPOS/TS competency.
- Bridge strike examiner competency.
- HNC in Civil Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Experience in SCMI and TCMI.
- Confined spaces competency