Strategic Transport Project Manager
Are you an experienced transport project manager looking for your next contract position? Carrington West are delighted to be assisting a client in Wirral in their search for project managers to join their busy team working on active travel schemes on a remote working basis.
The main responsibilities of the transport project manager:
1. To work as part of the Strategic Transport Team to support the development and delivery of the transport pipeline. This can include master-planning, town centre regeneration, housing growth, transport pipeline development, business case development and capital project delivery. This includes work with central Government and the Liverpool city region.
2. To work with major developers, consultants and partners to ensure transport projects are of a high quality in their design, delivery and impact as a key element in enabling the regeneration programme to be delivered.
3. Working as part of the Strategic Transport Team to contribute to the design of the regeneration programme, including identifying opportunities for transport projects and funding.
4. To support multi-disciplinary programme and project teams to ensure strategic transport enables regeneration activity, is planned, joined-up and being delivered to agreed timescales.
5. To work with the Highways department, consultants and the Liverpool City Region to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget and conditions of any funding agreements are met.
6. To manage programme risks and issues and use programme governance to ensure these issues are managed and resolved so that delivery is maintained.
7. Work with the communications team to develop communication and engagement plans for regeneration activity and projects, which contribute to the overall growth narrative for Wirral.
8. Ensure strategic transport activity is monitored, reported and evaluated so that we can promote progress and use learning to shape future delivery.
9. To liaise with relevant departments to support the delivery of programmes and activity, in particular highways, design, communications, assets and legal.
Key requirements of the project manager:
- Experience in managing significant transport projects from design through to delivery
- Experience working as part of a team delivering large-scale regeneration programmes with major transport and infrastructure programmes
- Experience of preparing business cases and external funding bids for transport projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be self-sufficient in work planning and management
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Michael Hayward at Carrington West on 02393 876042.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Michael at Carrington West on 02393 876042 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.
£400 per day
02393 876 042
25 days ago
Strategic Transport Project Manager