Site Manager - Highways & Infrastructure
Are you a Site Manager within the Highway and Infrastructure sector, currently looking for fresh challenge?
Does the prospect of working for a Tier 1 civil engineering company on Highways England schemes interest you?
I am working in collaboration with a UK Main Contractor, who are now looking to appoint a Site Manager on a Permanent basis within their Infrastructure division.
Working in partnership with their customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK, their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Based close to Bristol, the Site Manager will be responsible for overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
The role will also include both upward and downward reporting within Infrastructure and the client at all times providing clear and precise direction at all levels.
Duties will include:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- To regularly review project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times
- Promote Near Miss and Positive Intervention NCN reporting
- Strong leadership with employees on site
- Engage with Supply Chain
- Quality Assurance
- Environmental control
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Upload documentation as and when necessary in line with business requirements
- Developing accurate project programmes and responsible for weekly updates
- Developing accurate cost forecasts
- Ensuring compliance to procedures through weekly/monthly returns where required
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Produce safe and efficient sites
- Ownership of the project, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement etc
- Bring innovative ideas
- Meet set targets / monitor against Highways and Utilities KPI's
- Weekly submission of information through T2C including weekly timesheets, material sheets and plant & site checklists
- Monthly submission of personal returns for timesheets and mileage
- Collection of data for Contracts Coordinator including scheme drawings of layout, sections, construction details
- Weekly progress reports
- Use of latest IT developments including EPROC
- Interface with Commercial teams to ensure correct site measures and development of Cost to Complete
- Staff and Operative's Appraisal
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in Highways, Structures and Public Realm works is essential
- Previous experience working with Highways England preferred
- SMSTS is essential for this role
- Experience delivering Highways England schemes
- An industry applicable qualification
- A background in Infrastructure
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading UK Main Contractor. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Delivery and Construction professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745 530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.