Job Description: Site Manager
Salary: Up to £50,000
The Construction Site Manager plays a pivotal role in overseeing and managing construction sites to ensure alignment with company objectives and procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising site activities, coordinating resources, ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards, and fostering effective communication with various stakeholders.
- Manage construction sites to achieve financial, safety, quality, and environmental targets.
- Collaborate with estimators for pre-start planning and coordination.
- Supervise site staff, operatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Develop and implement PSHEQP (Public Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, and Planning), method statements, risk assessments, and other instructions for site teams.
- Delegate tasks to engineering and site staff.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably required.
- Familiarity with current contract forms, acts, and legislation (NEC / JCT).
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations and Employment legislation.
- Understanding of SHEQ procedures in a construction environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with concrete repairs is essential.
- Experience with working on bridges is beneficial.
- Some experience in managing construction sites in a similar role.
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) certification.
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Gold or Black Card.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in a Civil Engineering or Construction-related discipline (achieved or working towards).
- Full UK Driver's License.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.