Are you an experienced Transport Planner?
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join their team in Exeter. You will get a chance to assist with both project delivery, and client and team management activities.
What you will get:
·Market leading salary and benefits
·Training and development program
·Work - life balance and live style benefits.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of transport assessments for various clients across the UK using a detailed knowledge and experience of standard modelling packages and recognised transport appraisal techniques. Duties will be varied but responsibilities will include:
- Manage client relationships to ensure the securing of work and negotiate fee proposals
- Plan and carry out marketing activities to agreed budgets
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring the profitability of designated projects
- Manage work projects and control project finances in line with client expectations
- Manage and develop colleagues within the project team
- Maintain continuous professional development
- Guide on quality matters and technical issues
What you need to know:
- Relevant degree (or higher) level qualification and membership of a relevant professional body (MCIHT or similar)
- Demonstrable experience at a comparable level within transport planning in a consultancy or similar commercial environment
- Proven project delivery capabilities, along with team leadership and client management skills
- Strong software modelling capabilities on relevant software packages: ARCADY / PICADY / LINSIG / TRANSYT
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.