An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Senior UTMC Engineer to join a busy client in West Yorkshire.
The Urban Traffic Control team, within Highways, are responsible for the design, operation and maintenance of all the Traffic Signals, VMS and other UTMC assets across Kirklees. They also provide support to other council services such as Network Management, Highway Safety, Planning, Major Projects, and Highway Design. The UTC team's aim is to: improve congestion, facilitate economic and housing growth, provide infrastructure for vulnerable road users, and improve both public health and air quality.
The main duties of the Senior UTMC Engineer are:
- Undertake and assist with the management of the UTC system and all other UTMC assets including maintenance, operations, and fault identification
- Undertake and assist with the day-to-day management of the Traffic Signals Maintenance Contractor
- Undertake and assist with the day-to-day management of the UTC Wi-Fi communications systems including fault identification, system stability and future expansion
- Undertake design work for UTC led schemes and work with other sections to provide UTC design input to feed into larger schemes
- Work with colleagues in Highways Network Management to co-ordinate statutory undertakers work on the highway
- Undertake, and support others in the supervision of works being undertaken on site, and keep clear and accurate records of your daily activities
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer
- Liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners, on issues relating to major schemes, about their impact on the network and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal
- Undertake and assist with the recharging of damage to UTC/UTMC assets with colleagues in Recoveries and Finance
- Undertake and assist with the validation of invoices from contractors ready for payment ensuring contractual compliance
- Assist with project and programme management, managing resources and budgets
- Produce and audit traffic models using Linsig and Transyt
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.