Role: Senior Site Manager - Water
Location: Oswestry (United Utilities)
Salary: up to £60,000 p/a plus package
My client is looking to strengthen their delivery team for a AMP7 upgrade WWTW projects in Shropshire.
This role is perfect for somebody looking to take a step up from a Site Manager with support from a leading business, or an experienced construction manager looking for a long term appointment.
due to the complexities involved, you MUST have experience in the Water non-infrastructure industry of at least 5 years to be considered for this position.
What will you be doing?
As a new Senior site Manager, you'll be working within the Wastewater Recycling Non- Infrastructure to manage the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM for managing compliance for all delivered construction work.
Whilst being primarily focussed on managing construction delivery, you'll always adopt a wider pan-Alliance view, modelling appropriate Alliancing behaviours and leadership skills within integrated teams.
- Lead and manage site construction teams within designated portfolios to deliver projects within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives out performance and innovation where possible
- Drive a focus on zero waste and reducing embodied carbon within construction activities
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short term resource needs (labour, plant and materials)
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe everyday and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns
- Look to implement a blend of standard products and innovation techniques which will maintain our position as industry-leaders
- To join the team, you'll have proven experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced Non-Infrastructure environment to compliment your HNC/Degree in Civil or Construction Management. You'll be working across Wastewater Recycling Non- Infrastructure programme areas so experience in dealing with large structures in the Water industry is essential.
- Having attended a Site Management Safety Training Scheme and a Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme, you'll hold a CSCS Card (Black minimum) to ensure you provide the highest levels of safety management to teams, customers and environment.
- Able to inspire and lead a team, you'll encourage and support groups and individuals to achieve critical tasks and outcomes with the ability to adopt a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands on if required to achieve the deliverables. You'll be able to operate at all levels to suit need and the situation with the ability to manage conflicting demands.
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be performance driven, with proven experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation.
- To provide visible leadership across our sites, there will be an expectation to travel to sites across the United Utilities region.
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.