Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: South Cheshire
Salary: £70,000-£80,000 p/a plus car allowance and package
My client are a leading MEICA contractor within the Water sector operating in the North West of England. They have released a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on water and wastewater projects in the South Cheshire area.
Candidate must have experience within the water sector in order to be considered for this position, ideally M&E experience but civil bias candidates or experience with tier 1 contractor will also be considered.
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
There will be hybrid working with this position, the client requires three days on site and two days you can work remotely.
This position is paying a salary of between £70,000-£80,000 plus package, depending on experience.
Please apply using a copy of your CV.
Carrington West are a Water sector recruitment specialists who supply Water Utility Suppliers, Contractors and Consultancies with both permanent and contact staff nationwide attached to water supply and water treatment.