Senior Quantity Surveyor
Would you like to work as a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a tier one contractor in the highways and infrastructure sector?
If so I'd be keen to speak with you, as I'm currently working in collaboration with a UK main contractor who are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor within their Infrastructure division based in Hull on a permanent basis.
My client work in partnership with their customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK.
With offices across the UK, their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from buildings and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will help deliver major highways and infrastructure projects across your region, with many of the projects involving complex logistical challenges interfacing with multiple stakeholders and coordination with third parties.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and overseeing a team of Quantity surveyors, duties will include:
- Reviewing weekly cost to complete/budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
- Ensuring draft/outline CTC's are completed via communication with Project Managers
- Management of commercial aspects with the client including Compensation Events/Variations, Extension of Time and Completion request etc
- Ensure that the contract delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base
- Preparation of and the evaluation and submission of claims from Subcontractors for Compensation Events/Variations
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcomes
As Senor Quantity Surveyor, you will have strong commercial and contractual awareness, with the ability to anticipate problems to ensure early intervention.
You must possess proven experience within the highways or infrastructure sector previously, with experience of working in a fast paced, national and multi site business being advantageous.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management with a good level of competency of Microsoft packages.
- £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading UK Main Contractor. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to