Job Title: Highways Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £75,000
My client, a prominent civil engineering organization in the UK, is seeking a skilled Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The company is currently hiring a talented Quantity Surveyor to provide valuable support to their exciting Highways projects located in Wiltshire. As a Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful delivery of projects while adhering to contractual terms and achieving business plan commitments.
- Managing the financial and contractual performance of assigned projects.
- Overseeing the financial performance of projects, ensuring the attainment of profit targets and efficiency savings.
- Adhering to contractual time scales and effectively administering change control processes.
- Identifying and effectively managing risks and opportunities associated with projects.
- Conducting compliant procurement processes and selections as required.
- Addressing commercial queries and providing knowledgeable advice on legal matters.
- Efficiently managing the Supply Chain and conducting necessary audits.
- Monitoring the progress of projects, maintaining accurate financial logs, and generating reports.
- Ensuring strict compliance with assurance processes, policies, and procedures.
- Building robust relationships with project teams, clients, and members of the commercial team.
- Coaching and supporting team members to foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Participation in the Company Car scheme.
- Access to Private Healthcare coverage.
- Enrolment in the company's Pension plan.
- Coverage under the Life Assurance policy.
- Enjoyment of 25 days of Annual Leave (with an additional day off for one's birthday).
- Eligibility for an enhanced Paternity & Maternity benefits package.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Experience with a bill of quantities.
- Eager to work on-site, no hybrid working option is available for this role.
- Highways Quantity Surveying experience.
- Proven experience in Quantity Surveying, preferably within the field of civil engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- An analytical mindset for making decisions based on data.
- Strong organizational abilities to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- A creative problem-solving aptitude and resilience in challenging situations.
- Proficiency in IT and familiarity with cost management software.
- Knowledge of cost performance monitoring and contract administration.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.