Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the Midlands in the search for a Senior Planning Policy Officer to join their Town Planning department on an initial 6-month contract.
The purpose of the role is to carry out monitoring functions for the Planning Service and produce reports analysing the results, including monitoring the Local Plan. Provide good quality and up to date advice on planning policy issues; undertake research in connection with planning policy; assist in the preparation of local development plan policy, supplementary planning documents and other local development documents.
- Undertake planning monitoring and produce reports, including the Authority Monitoring Report, Annual Infrastructure Funding Statement and five year housing land supply statement on a regular basis.
- Carry out research and analysis and provide relevant information to customers.
- Prepare reports and draft policies in an effective and efficient manner.
- Keep up to date in terms of national and local planning legislation, policy and guidance.
- Provide policy advice and information to site promoters and developers, and the general public in an efficient and effective manner.
- To consider, analyse and formulate conclusions on responses to planning policy consultations.
- Manage and prioritise own work-load in order to meet deadlines.
- Keep records of own work activities in a systematic manner in order to set targets and monitor achievements.
- Carry out site visits and attend meetings associated with planning policy and future development issues.
- Provide comprehensive planning policy advice to development management officers, officers in other departments and council members.
We are looking for a qualified Town Planner with recent local authority planning experience of planning policy work either in a local authority or private practice in the UK. Experience of and skills in public participation/engagement is also attractive.
It would be beneficial to hold a RTPI accredited Planning Degree or equivalent Planning qualification and/or have experience in a similar position.
Our client is looking for someone to start almost immediately, so if you are interested in going forward for the role then please don't hold back.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £40 per hour (DOE)
Job Ref - 48902
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.