Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the South West of England in the search for a Senior/Principal Planning Officer to join their Development Management team in the Town Planning department on a rolling 6 month contract. The post will be on a predominantly remote basis with many of the applications able to be determined remotely, however, the odd site visit may be beneficial.
As a consultant, you will be in the Major Sites team who deal with planning applications, planning appeals and pre-application enquiries related to strategic site allocations and major development proposals. This position plays an important role in enabling the Strategic Major Sites Team to examine, process and evaluate planning and related applications.
- You will undertake site inspections, negotiations and preparation of reports and presentation to the Council's Strategic Sites Delivery Committee in order to implement the Council's land use and transport policies through predominantly large scale major and strategic applications.
- Lead negotiations with developers, their agents and third parties for applications and Section 106 contributions, in connection with strategic, major and all related applications to reduce the adverse impact of proposals to achieve more acceptable outcomes
- You will be responsible for the planning and managing of their caseload with the minimum of supervision.
- Attend internal and external meetings, providing advice to colleagues and outside bodies, such as Parish/Town Councils, and the public and co-ordinate and implement Planning Performance Agreements with Developers.
- Prepare written appeal statements, present evidence at hearings and court proceedings, represent the Council as expert witness public inquiries.
- Liaise with work activities in other sections of the Council in connection with Strategic Major Sites delivery, for example Planning Policy Officers for Development Plan Policy development and Development Management planning officers
- Provide general assistance and cover for absent colleagues to ensure the efficient operation of the planning service. To assist in the formulation of planning policies and related documents.
The ideal candidate my client is looking for is someone who has experience dealing with reserved matters, outline applications, and knowledge of the EIA Regulations. The ideal candidate needs to be an experienced planner with the ability to deal with their own case load of work with little to no supervision.
It would be beneficial to hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have the eligibility for membership of RTPI.
Interviews are to be scheduled ASAP so please do not hesitate to get in touch if this post is of interest.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £40per/hour
Job Ref - 25443
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.