Role: Senior HV Plant Engineer
Location: Midlands, London, Scotland
Salary: £60,000 (negotiable dependent on skillset and experience)
Start date: ASAP
Are you an experienced HV Plant engineer looking for a fresh challenge and exciting new opportunity?
My client are a well established consultancy working across design, engineering and project management sectors.
They are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior or Principal HV Plant Engineer to join their team working across multiple projects within the UK.
The role will encompass leading the delivery of a variety of projects across power transmissions and distribution, drawing upon the wider team for the technical engineering requirements and building a strong relationship with their clients. Additionally, you will provide support and advice to more junior members of the team, this may also include line management responsibilities
The right candidate will have the following:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Chartered Engineer through the IET or currently undertaking.
- Valid TP141 Plant Authorisation.
- Experience in the last 3 years on NGET projects.
- Experience in feed and detail design works including the HV plant including HV layouts, earthing design and reports, mechanical interlocking, HV busbar calculations and technical specification for the HV plant equipment.
- Ability to attend and chair the design review and hazard review meetings and reviewing HV plant design packages as required.
- Attending site visits, FAT and SAT as required.
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Customer focused when dealing with customers, identifying their needs along with business development skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Experience in coaching and developing junior engineers.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Commissioning experience
- HVDC design experience.
- HV cable and OHL design experience.
We expect this role to move quickly, so if you feel it could be well suited to you, then please apply asap with an up to date CV as the client are looking to interview within the next few weeks.
You can also contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876026 for more info.