Senior Engineer- Pavements
Are you a Senior Pavement Engineer seeking their next contract position?
I am recruiting for a Senior Pavement Engineer to join a client based in the North West.
The Senior Pavement Engineer will be responsible for delivery of technical outputs to the clients brief focused on design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
The Senior Pavement Engineer will have extensive knowledge and practical experience in Pavement Engineering and Materials. Significant experience of Value Managing pavement schemes using Highways England's processes and procedures. Experience in using (HAPMS) and Software for the Whole-life Economic Evaluation of Pavements (SWEEP) and relevant analytical software.
The responsibilities of the role are
- Manage the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Act as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£40 - 45 per hour
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
6 months ago
Senior Engineer- Pavements