Senior Civil Engineer
Are you an experienced Engineer looking to progress to a Senior level with a company who values their staff and support career development? My client are currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in London.
My client is a leading international multidisciplinary engineering consultancy. They provide integrated engineering services delivered seamlessly in the areas of Civil, Structural, Building Services, Façade and other related engineering disciplines.
Civil Senior Engineers shall be responsible for leading civil engineering projects and guide other engineers to deliver projects and perform team administrative tasks as required. They will be assuming a pivotal role within the civil engineering team and have responsibility for implementing the team's QA/QC procedures, project management tools as well as helping to grow the business.
· Industry relevant Bachelor's degree/ Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or internationally equivalent qualification
· UK Chartered or near Chartered (Company will support Chartership)
· Drainage design to schemes in an Urban or Greenfield setting including sustainable urban drainage and hydraulic modelling.
· Familiar with Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversion works.
· Negotiating with Statutory bodies including The Environment Agency on hydraulic matters pertaining to the development.
· Detailed experience in compiling Code For Sustainable Homes, Breeam and CEEQUAL code assessments.
· An in depth knowledge of: Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th), Planning policy statement 25 (PPS25) Approved Document
· Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage.
· Negotiating with the Council Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development.
· An in depth knowledge of :Section 38 adoption and 278 works, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Road markings and Signage
· Direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities as required
· Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents
· Apply expert knowledge of civil engineering solutions
· Research design options and document findings
· Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
· Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction.
· Manage contract administration
· Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out.
· Demonstrate capability and experience in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment
· Has sole responsibility for significant and complex activities or projects
· Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others' work
· Responsible for monitoring budgets and controlling expenditure to meet financial targets for own areas.
· Responsible for predicting and planning future resources which may include setting up new projects (technical or business) and project plans
· Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines
· Represents Meinhardt/the group/ office/discipline/ profession at internal and external meetings
· Contributes to the development and/or implementation of plans for the longer term benefit to the office/group, business/firm
· Authors official documents e.g. letters and reports (for internal or external use)
· Executes responsibilities as outlined in the firm's Management System
· May in addition be responsible for one or more of the following: Responsible for the performance, work and development of others, providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
· Responsible for the achievement of financial targets in specified areas; contributes to the setting of budgets
· Responsible for negotiating significant contracts/agreements with customers and/or suppliers.
02393 876 017
about 2 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer