Are you a Principal Structural engineer with experience working on Rail infrastructure projects?
Would you like to work for a leading consultancy who have various contracts on CP6 and HS2?
An excellent opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer / CRE has arisen to join my client on a permanent position in London.
My client is one of the UK's leading multidisciplinary consultancies. Their rail engineering teams has over 40 years' experience delivery both classic and high-speed rail.
Currently due to Covid-19 everybody is working from home and the client is trialling over the next 6 months and our considering a permanent working from home role.
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
- Undertaking and managing commissions including engineering feasibility and outline design of rail projects (GRIP 1-4)
- You will act as a Contractors Responsible Engineer (Design) for Rail Structure Engineering projects.
- Leading and undertake the preparation of technical reports and documentation relating to projects
- Check and approval of technical work by the design team
- Mange delivery teams working in collaboration with other disciplines in the Common Data Environment
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Working on some of the following disciplines: Station design, Lineside civils works, Gantry and foundation designs, Rock cutting stabilisations works.
- Designers risk assessments, Bridge design, refurbishment and strengthening schemes, Completing design forms (F001-003), Cat 3 checking of third-party designs, UTX/URX design
What you will get in return:
·Career development and support
·Company pension scheme
·One relevant subscription paid for
·Cycle to work scheme
·Discounted retail vouchers
·Various private insurance scheme
·Childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
·Engineering degree in a relevant subject.
·Chartered Membership of relevant professional institution (IHT, ICE etc)
·Typically a minimum of 5 years experience in the rail sector
·Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
The client is looking to interview within the next 2 weeks so please apply now in order not to miss out, I should be able to respond to applications within 24-48 hours.
If you are a rail design engineer but this role is not quite suited to you, please still send your CV through as we have an array of opportunities for design engineers working on rail projects.
How to Apply:
Email your CV in to me at email@example.com or call me on 023 9387 6068.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working in offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all office locations that are open to protect the colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of people is of paramount importance to us, and we are doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.