Senior Civil Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their expanding team in Newcastle and assist on a wide range of projects.
The Civil Engineering team currently has an extensive variety of infrastructure projects including, residential, commercial, industrial, utility, and renewable energy projects. The work for this role specifically relates to civil engineering; however, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other Structural and Geotechnical Engineers within the Stoke Office, as well as other disciplines across the wider company.
Requirements of the role:
· Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline (minimum requirement).
· Experience in the use of Civils 3D, PDS or Site 3D.
· Experience in the use of AutoCAD.
· Experience in the use of MicroDrainage, PD Causeway Flow or other drainage design software.
· Working knowledge of design codes and standards.
· Experienced in the production of infrastructure design packages and drawings, specifically highway and/or drainage design;
· Confident working on their own or as part of a multidisciplinary team;
· An excellent communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and is comfortable attending Client facing meeting;
· Experience in the production of Technical Reports.
· Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions, and sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment;
· Ability to mentor junior engineers.
Benefits of the role:
· Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
· Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
· 24 days annual leave per year.
· Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
· Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
· Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
· Hybrid working and Flexitime Working Schedule.
· Long service awards.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Travel Loans.
· Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
· Financial reward for Chartership
Clear path for Career Progression
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.