Senior Bridge/Structures Engineer-
Salary up to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
Are you a Senior Bridge Engineer with 5+ years of experience? Based in Essex/East London or willing to relocate?
My client is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Engineer to join the structures team in Essex. The successful applicant will have a strong analytical background and be responsible for undertaking the design of highway structure replacement, strengthening and refurbishment projects. Working with the team leader and supervising junior members of staff, the role requires a background in highway structures work and a demonstrable track record in project delivery.
- To prepare, design, plan, programme highway structures works and services.
- To provide clear and effective project leadership.
- To assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
- To mentor junior staff and check their work
- To provide assistance to the team leader in relation to all aspects covered within the group and deputise in their absence.
- To assist in budgetary control and ensure that financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility.
- To prepare monthly progress reports and programme updates
- 5+ years' experience within highways and structural design.
- Experience using Auto cad and Structural analysis software.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation, relevant structures design procedures, standards and good practice.
- Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience and good working knowledge of structural software.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams and collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels
Within this company they recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That's why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through their app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Patrick Gray at Carrington West on 02393 876 069 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Please submit your CV to Patrick.email@example.com