An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to come and join our busy client in North Yorkshire. The Senior Bridge Engineer will be leading the technical direction, development and supervision of relevant works.
The main duties of the Senior Bridge Engineer are:
- ·Be responsible for the management of a team of employees, providing direction and co-ordination of workloads, support and guidance, dealing with recruitment, motivation, training, welfare and discipline issues as appropriate.
- ·Provide professional advice, guidance and information in relation to Bridges and Structures, responding to stakeholder queries, acting as an expert witness in inquiries and ensuring works are carried out in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and plans
- ·Responsible for ensuring all programmes and projects are effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework, providing assurance through reports and presentations, key milestones, associated risks, issues and financial monitoring
- ·Manage relevant service assets in accordance with prevailing principles including condition indices, life cycle plans, prioritising maintenance in accordance with policies, strategies and available funding
- ·Lead on specialist project work, analysing complex information, allocating resources, obtaining relevant approvals, prioritising work programmes and managing their implementation in accordance with available resources.
- ·Lead on contract management and supervision of relevant procured works, ensuring specifications, timescales and financial targets are met.
- ·Extensive experience of undertaking assessments, designing and developing solutions to relevant engineering issues.
- ·Significant experience of project and programme management in a highways and engineering service area.
- ·Extensive experience of undertaking engineering processes relevant to the post.
- ·Experience of leading and managing a diverse team of professionals, contractors and front line operational staff in a complex organisation.
- Experience of the design/construction of other engineering works.
What to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.