Senior Authorised Person
Role: Senior Authorised Person
Salary: Up to £76k dependent on skillset and qualifications
Location: London and South East
Type: Permanent / Full-time
Additional: Full company benefits package including health care, pension scheme and holiday allowance
Carrington West are pleased to be working alongside our client, a blue-chip specialist electrical group who provide a range of electrical solutions across the power sector. They are looking for an experienced Senior Authorised Person to join their existing team and work on a variety of exciting projects.
- Production of switching schedules and carrying out switching on a large variety of private HV networks on commercial, industrial, construction and various government agency sites
- Undertake switching, testing, commissioning fault diagnosis and maintenance of high and low voltage networks up to a minimum of 11kV (experience of networks up to 33kV desirable)
- Be able to prepare and present risk assessments and method statements for installation and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to take the lead in fault location activities
- Familiarity with a variety of HV switchgear, transformers and associated cabling systems
- Basic fault diagnosis and testing of HV/LV protection schemes.
- Working knowledge of the various components of a typical protection scheme and their interconnection
What you'll need:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations, High Voltage Distribution Safety Rules
- CDM Regulations and general health and safety legislation is required
- Good command of English and IT Skills
- People management and leadership
- Full clean driving licence
What you'll get:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday increased by 1 day per year after 2 years of service
- Long Service Awards
- Range of training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Voucher scheme
- Death in Service, Health Care, Birthday off (all upon completion of probation)
This position will move fast and with the company looking to progress the role quickly, it is advised you apply with an up to date CV if you feel you could be suitable. Alternatively, contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for further info.