Are you able to work in a fast paced environment, have a keen attention to detail and be able to mantain a high quality of record keeping?
Do you have knowledge and interest in politics, with the ability to work with a range of subject matter experts?
The largest infrastructure project in Europe is seeking a skilled individual to join their Select Committee team. The successful person will provide logistical support at select committee meetings at Westminster with MPs and facilitating arrangements around this.
The nature of this role will be record keeping, liaising with house authorities and wider internal teams. This will include attending hearings, taking notes in parliament and passing on the information back internally. A part of this role will be operating the evidence system that will pull up exhibits and evidence discussed in hearings, and adapting information for public consumption.
This role's focus is providing support services for those impacted by a large scale infrastructure project. This includes well-being, advocacy, translation, and support services to provide meaningful communication and engagement across the route.
Salary: £38,927.50 to £48,702.50 with up to 12% pension (double matched up to 6%).
Where: London. 15 minute walk from Westminster. 50/50 hybrid working. Office attendance required at Westminster for committee meeting.
- Understanding of politics and/or law highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of parliamentary process & procedures.
- Understanding of select committee process highly beneficial (not essential)
- Attention to detail and ability to take complex information and adapt for reports suitable for public consumption.
- Thorough and accurate report writing skills and recording keeping.
- Strong skills in communication and good ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high pressure environment.
- Ability to learn new subjects and information quickly.
- Be able to organise and manage site visits & site tours.
- Administration/secretarial experience advantageous.
- Stakeholder management skills to work with a range of professionals both internally and externally including civil servants, MPs, witnesses etc.
Applications for this role closes for applications on the 29th of June, interviews to be held week commencing 11th of July, with an aim to start on the 15th August. Apply now and don't miss out! This will be a one stage interview process via Teams.
How to Apply:
Send in your CV to me at email@example.com or call me at 023 9387 6068.