What we need:
Our client are looking for a Road Agreement Engineer to join the Highways S278/38 adoption team, leading in the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway legal agreements (i.e. S38 & S278 etc.) relating to all major infrastructure improvement and developer proposals.
What you will do:
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Checking developers design submissions on highway applications to ensure conformity with current regulations, standards and specifications. Review technical documents and make professional judgements and give advice on the information presented. Reviewing detailed scheme designs and drawings will involve assessment of geometric layouts, junction layouts, construction details, drainage, SUDS, pedestrian and cycle facilities for developments of varying scale and complexity and may involve using computer aided methods.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the application process and advise on strategic highway matters
- Ensure development impacts of the highway are mitigated, and developments will be integrated to sustainable transport network, especially infrastructure for walking and cycling
- Evaluate the impact of highway network as a result of development and building schemes
- Advise developers on highway design and construction issues
- Liaise with Legal Services regarding highway issues including S38 and S278 legal agreements
- Prepare and review estimates for highway works
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify, quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
- To liaise with the developers to ensure S38 / 278 obligations are adhered to and to work closely with Legal Services to take effective action where developers fail to comply with the requirements of these agreements including attendance at Court as necessary
- To provide regular reports to Senior Officers and other interested parties on the status of contributions including the receipt of financial contributions and the progress of works
- Processing of Stopping Up applications, Highway Licences, Projection Licences under the Highways Act 1980 and Town and Country Planning Act 1990
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience as a highway designer including a detailed understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the principles of Manual for Streets
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
- Wide experience of highways development management and / or related highways discipline including processing of S38 and S278 applications
- Experience of highway design, construction and drainage techniques
- General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good time /budgetary management skills
- Working knowledge of basic legislation
What you will get in return
Working for a fantastic company in a beautiful location you will be paid between £30.00 and 35.00 per hour with flexible working arrangements available. The IR35 status of the position will be assessed once a suitbale candidate has been selected.
What to do next
If you are interested in this job and fit the criteria above please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us. CWHTT