Our client a leading utilities contractor currently have multiple positions available for Schedulers working on their Repair and Maintenance contract.
This will be starting on a 6 month contract with a view that it may become more long term with a contract salary of up to £24,800 per annum working 45 hours a week.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Scheduler/Planner in the utilities sector with a good understanding of permits and notices.
The purpose of the roles is to ensure that all works are assigned to teams. This involves ensuring that all resources, traffic notices/permits, and communications are allocated efficiently.
A key component of the role is to act as an area focal point and take ownership for all aspects of operational delivery. This involves completing pre-history checks, submitting permits and ensuring work is sent to field teams.
- Allocation of all works to repair and reinstatement teams.
- Ensure all resources are utilised effectively, maximising output while minimising cost
- Complete pre-history checks to understand related or duplicated work and ensure Be the focal point for the allocation of work within geographic area and re-allocate resources where the situation arises
- Submit permits and traffic management.
- Liaise with council/highway authorities for road closures/footpath closures, traffic management and complete the relevant forms as required
- Escalate issues to Team Manager to enable appropriate resolution and minimise customer impact.
- Select the correct resources to carry out the work, aligning skills to the specific job requirements
- Ensure field teams have all required information to complete work on first visit.
- Communicate with repair teams
If interested, please do apply with your up to date CV and if successful we will be in touch.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please do let us know.