Are you a qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in the property sector or an experienced Quantity surveyor looking to make the step up?
Would you like the opportunity to join a global consultancy that has flexible working at the heart of what they do? Allowing you to fit your working day around those everyday life events?
This opportunity could be what you are looking for!
My client is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression.
Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of their staff, are dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Thus, offering a bespoke and clear career development plan for you from day one.
They are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a successful Commercial Services team in Birmingham.
The Birmingham Office has a large portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of the national delivery to the property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services.
Their focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to client organisations within both the UK and overseas from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction. You will be able to demonstrate a broad range of commercial experience gained in the property sector and be able to work on your own initiative within multi-disciplinary teams.
Key elements and responsibilities of this role are:
- Developing and maintaining reputation through developing business opportunities
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, supporting or acting as primary interface to help build client confidence
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts with an awareness of the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent)
- Experience in preparing estimates for property related developments
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector
- Experience of infrastructure works would also be beneficial
Experience in the UK and overseas will be considered for this role, however you must have the right to work in the UK without a sponsored Visa.
Early applications for this role are encouraged, please apply now to avoid disappointment.
To find out more or to apply, please send your CV to Charlie Weeks at Charlie.email@example.com